Siemens MultiRanger 200
23rd August 2017 Process & Instrumentation Division
THINK OF E.B. HORSMAN & SON FOR
All Your Instrumentation Needs
Ultrasonic level measurement is a highly-cost effective solution for short- and long-range measurement, even under difficult environmental conditions such as vibrations and dust. Ultrasonic level measurement is used in numerous industrial applications to monitor and control the level of liquids, slurries, and solids.
- Easy to use and quick to configure – Graphical Quick Start Wizards guide you during setup.
- Auto False-Echo Suppression – differentiates false echoes from true material level echoes.
- Sonic Intelligence – our field-proven echo processing algorithms provide the most reliable performance possible.
- Compatibility with Siemens Echomax transducers
Siemens ultrasonic controllers can be programmed to detect and display level and/or flow, and can provide three to six relay outputs or analog output.
The MultiRanger 200 is an ultrasonic level controller for virtually any application in a wide range of industries. It can measure in one or two vessels, and can be used with various materials, including, water, municipal waste, acids, woodchips, or on materials with high angles of repose.
Since the early 1970s, Siemens has been your partner in ultrasonic level measurement. This experience matters. The MultiRanger 200 ultrasonic level controller has been a star for decades – now it's time to meet the better, easier-to-use, enhanced MultiRanger 200.
- Improved HMI for unparalleled ease of use – local four-button programming and menu-driven parameters.
- Setup in under a minute – faster commissioning with graphical Quick Start Wizards.
- Re-designed enclosure – fully isolated electronics, removable terminal blocks, and an updated exterior.
- Improved PROFIBUS DPV1 connectivity – increased interaction with this popular industrial communication protocol.
Features & Benefits
1. Easy Installation & Setup
- Easy to use HMI display with local four-button programming, menu-driven parameters, and Wizard support for key applications
- Removable terminal blocks for ease of wiring
- Wall and panel mounting options
2. Advanced Software
- MultiRanger 200 HMI has Sonic Intelligence, Siemens patented echo processing technology for ultrasonic level measurement.
- Auto False-Echo Suppression for fixed obstruction avoidance
- Accurate and repeatable open channel flow measurements
3. Compatibility & Connectivity
- Digital communication using built-in Modbus RTU via RS 485 and SIMATIC PDM configuration software
- Compatible with SmartLinx system: PROFIBUS DP (cyclic access of process values only) and DeviceNET
4. Cost Savings and Improved Safety
- Monitors water and wastewater of any consistency up to 15 m (50 ft) in depth
- Single or dual point level monitoring
- Differential amplifier transceiver for common mode noise reduction and improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Digital input for back-up level override from point level device
- Level, volume, and flow measurements in open channels, differential control, extended pump control, and alarm functions
Applications & Product Details
Wet wells, flumes/weirs, bar screen control, hoppers, chemical storage, liquid storage, crusher bins, dry solids storage. Examples are:
- Level measurement or pump control in water/wastewater
- Truck load-outs
- Inventory management in industrial storage vessels
- Open channel monitoring
|Range||0.3 - 15m (1 - 50ft)|
|Output types:||Six relays: rating 5 A at 250 VAC, non-inductive mA; output: 0-20mA or 4-20mA|
|Compatible Transducers:||ST-H; EchoMax series (XPS-15/15F and XRS-5)|
|Communication capabilities:||MultiRanger 200 HMI offers true dual point monitoring, digital communications with built-in Modbus RTU via RS 485, as well as compatibility with SIMATIC PDM, allowing PC configuration and set-up.|
|Functionality:||MultiRanger 200 HMI features Sonic Intelligence advanced echo-processing software for increased reading reliability. MultiRanger 200 HMI will monitor open channel flow. It features more advanced relay alarming and pump control functions as well as volume conversion. Supplementary Components are designed to work with most types of instrumentation to provide enhanced functionality such as remote displays and remote monitoring solutions.|
You might also like:
Buying Guide: Siemens Variable Frequency Drives
How much do you know about Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)? Are you finding buying or choosing a VFD a little too complicated? We developed a buying guide for you that outlines the basics, advantages and the different modules of VFDs.Read More
Manufacturer Spotlight: Siemens
Siemens, the largest manufacturing company in Europe, has been a leader in innovative technologies for over 150 years. E.B. Horsman & Son is proud to shine the spotlight on Siemens, a company with truly cutting-edge products and services. Here’s what you need to know.Read More