Hygienic Design Enclosures
7th September 2017 General Division
Different enclosure solutions are needed for the various locations inside a food and beverage production facility. From enclosures that can withstand frequent wash-downs on the factory floor to the IT infrastructure in the data center, Rittal has the right solution to protect your sensitive controls and electronic equipment.
Specially designed and built to handle the unique hygiene needs and challenges of the Food & Beverage industry!
In harsh environments, traditional enclosures may fail to provide the required levels of protection, so we have the perfect solution for you.
Contact us today to discuss how our HD solutions can work for you!
Qualified sites receive a no-obligation Hygienic Design demo enclosure for test installation to experience the benefits, cost-savings and protection of Rittal's Hygienic Design solutions first-hand! Offer ends on February 28th while quantity lasts.
One-stop shop for multiple solutions and optimum processes
Rittal’s HD solutions are specially designed and built to handle the unique hygiene needs of the Food & Beverage industry! Rittal’s HD products stand out with their unique features:
- 30° forward sloping roof repels water, bacteria, objects.
- tainless steel parts & accessories for easy, reliable cleaning
- Re-designed enclosure – fully isolated electronics, removable terminal blocks, and an updated exterior.
- Joint-free exterior blue gasket is easy to see, clean, and replace.
Hygienic standards for high productivity and reliability
“Rittal – The System.” stands for cleverly thought-out system solutions for hygienic production in the food industry. Particularly in open processes, where the resistance of the seal to detergents and disinfectants is crucial, it is vital for the production plant to be equipped with optimized enclosures, terminal boxes and command panels
The Rittal Hygienic Design for food safety is based on:
European standards and directives
- EN 1672-2:2005 Food machinery/ General design principles/Part 2: Hygiene requirements
- EN ISO 14 159 2004 Safety of machinery – Hygiene requirements for the design of machinery
- EN 16 001 Energy management to improve energy efficiency
- Machinery directive 2006/42/EC binding
- Document 13 EHEDG guideline on the hygienic design of apparatus for open processes, prepared in collaboration with 3-A and NSF International
- 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs
- 853/2004 specific hygiene rules for food of animal origin
- 854/2004 specific rules for the organization of official controls on products of animal origin intended for human consumption
- 1935/2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food Decide for yourself what is important.
Rittal Hygienic Design boosts operational hygiene:
- Reduces the use of C&D agents
- Optimizes cleaning results
- Ensures higher productivity
- Minimizes risks
- Increases energy efficiency (CO2 footprint)
- Terminal Boxes
- Compact Enclosure HD
- HD Production data cabinet, modular
- Fire Extinguisher Enclosure HD
- HD System Enclosure
- and much more...
You might also like:
Manufacturer Spotlight: Rittal Systems
Rittal Systems revolutionized the world of industrial and IT enclosures through high quality, efficiency, and advanced technology. In this manufacturer spotlight, we highlight four factors that makes Rittal a trusted partner of E.B. Horsman & Son: quality, customization, innovation, and global presence.Read More
Manufacturer Spotlight: Siemens
Siemens, the largest manufacturing company in Europe, has been a leader in innovative technologies for over 150 years. E.B. Horsman & Son is proud to shine the spotlight on Siemens, a company with truly cutting-edge products and services. Here’s what you need to know.Read More
Product Spotlight: Rittal Top Therm Fans & Filter Units
Switching to Rittal's Top Therm Fan and Filter Units couldn't be easier. The faster, better, and worldwide available fans and filter units can be assembled without the need of tools. Rittal designed Top Therm to have more efficient technology and air routing while preserving all dimensions and throughput ratings.Read More