Siemens SIRIUS 3RA6
23rd January 2018 Automation, Industrial Controls, & Motion Division
THINK OF E.B. HORSMAN & SON FOR
All Your Motion & Motor Needs
Whether it’s ventilation, mining, forestry, or pumping, motors are needed in every industrial application and are essential components of machinery and equipment used in our day-to-day life. However, motor control, protection, and monitoring are challenging and often are key in order to ensure motors are maintained and running efficiently. Fortunately, the Siemens SIRIUS portfolio meets all of these requirements and offers a wide range of possibilities to meet any application.
The Siemens SIRIUS 3RA6 series of compact starters is a great solution for customers that need the maximum amount of reliability and efficiency in their control cabinet; it reduces planning costs and significantly minimizes the overall costs incurred from configuration to commissioning. Compared to conventional feeders, this starter is a more compact universal feeder that offers higher functionality, and is simpler to maintain. It combines the functionality of a circuit breaker, solid-state overload relay, and contactor to be used for wide a range of applications.
The SIRIUS 3RA6 compact starter forms the basis for high availability and future machine concepts.
Three become one
All functions of a motor start-up combined in a single device: moving away from laborious planning, ordering and mounting of each single component for every function, the SIRIUS 3RA6 compact starter offers a fast and easy solution. Three become one – simply three times as fast.
Features & Benefits
- Enormous space advantages and reduced wiring -- thanks to compact design of direct-on-line and reversing starters
- Direct-on-line and reversing starters are the same height for uniform tier spacing in the control cabinet
- Flexible connection options -- thanks to spring-loaded or screw-type terminals
- Minimum planning and mounting costs, as well as considerably reduced wiring -- thanks to a single complete device with one order number (short-circuit protection, contactor, and overload protection all in one device)
- Easy mounting and replacement -- thanks to removable terminals (with retained wiring)
- Optimum power supply in the control cabinet -- thanks to multiple power infeed options
- Fewer variants -- thanks to wide setting ranges for overload (only 5 types up to 32A) and wide-band control voltage (24V, 42–70V, 110–240V, all AC/DC).
- Setting of overload tripping class directly on the compact starter (CLASS 10/20)
- Increased productivity -- thanks to automatic device reset in case of overload, as well as differentiated overload and short-circuit detection via IO-Link
- Option to use infeed system which allows multiple compact starters to be fed off single incoming terminal reducing wiring and installation time.
Applications & Product Details:
The 3RA6 compact starter is an ideal direct-on-line low voltage motor starter rated for up to 690V applications. It is a single compact device which combines the functionalities of circuit breaker/MSP, contactor and solid-state overload relay. Accessories such as auxiliary switches and a surge suppressor are already integrated. It is the perfect solution for panel integrators that are looking to reduce install time, and save space in their control cabinets.
|3-Phase standard motor 3-pole with 400VAC standard power in KW||Setting Range for Solid State Overload Relay||Direct-On-Line Starter 110-240VAC/DC coil||Reversing Starter 110-240VAC/DC coil||Direct-On-Line Starter 24VAC/DC coil||Reversing Starter 24VAC/DC coil|
You might also like:
Success Story: Future Planning & Cost Savings with SIRIUS 3RA6
One of our customers, Turn-Key Controls, was able to find a solution for an end user in the recycling industry who was faced with the challenge of finding motors that will meet future plant expansion requirements. Learn how our recommended solution, Siemens SIRIUS 3RA6 Compact Starter, met the end user’s requirements.Read More
Panel Integrators Guide to Siemens SIRIUS Compact Motors and Soft Starters
The SIRIUS modular system from Siemens combines digital planning and a standard-compliant implementation that meets your requirements regardless of application or location. Comprehensive planning tools, consulting expertise, and tested product combinations are available to assist you in the transition from digital to actual control cabinet construction. Learn more in this guide written by our automation & motion experts:Read More
Manufacturer Spotlight: Siemens
Siemens, the largest manufacturing company in Europe, has been a leader in innovative technologies for over 150 years. E.B. Horsman & Son is proud to shine the spotlight on Siemens, a company with truly cutting-edge products and services. Here’s what you need to know.Read More