Integrated Value and Services
E.B. Horsman & Son is committed to adding value to the products that we deliver. The integrated value and services we provide are applicable to both OEMs and MRO contracts.
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) has many facets, and people define it in different ways. Our process reviews your usage, frequency and receiving requirements and works with you to define your storage options, binning medium, system and management. We have several different VMI programs in place that meet your specific needs. We offer a wide range of inventory management solutions, including:
- Customer-managed inventory
- EBH-managed inventory
- Manual order entry
- Inventory management software
- Inventory analysis
- Storeroom optimization
- Barcoded inventory
- Bar code scanning with automated order entry
- Supplier consolidation
- Product standardization
- Dedicated inventory
- Just-in-time (JIT) inventory
- Job site project trailers
- On-site mobile warehouse
- Material sourcing
- Web-based order entry
- Documented cost savings
- Customized reporting
In co-ordination with our suppliers and their areas of expertise, we invite you to evaluate equipment and facilities safety through site visits and inspections.
As a response to customer needs, E.B. Horsman & Son has created a TCO and TVO process with corresponding reporting to ensure that we deliver integrated value to our customers.
We have a solution for projects requiring materials to be organized and tagged for specific rooms or floors when they arrive on site. We have the systems to co-ordinate with your requirements to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of materials based on specific job requirements. Room by room or floor by floor, we can deliver as required.
We can combine materials in groups that make logical sense based upon your requirements. Items and quantities are unlimited and can be determined by you. Bundles can be billed as one part number or an accumulated total of all of a part’s components and their sell prices. Invoices can be sent either way. An additional value-added service allows for the materials to be packaged individually, meeting specific requirements desired for production, assembly or shutdown-and repair operations.
In conjunction with our lighting partners, we work with you to identify and address lighting deficiencies at your locations. We provide energy-efficient and cost-effective solutions to address modern lighting requirements.
We have a complete offering of electronic-data-interchange (EDI) transaction sets that allow your operations to integrate with our systems for business ease. For those customers not requiring a full EDI integration, we offer a 365/24/7 suite of services. Whether you need to retrieve an invoice, track sales history tracking or place an order for pick-up at our branch locations, our B2B solution is always available.
- Test Drives: We set up our equipment and let you take it for a spin. We are available to assist you during these two-to-four-hour sessions in a variety of labs, which highlight the key features and benefits of the products.
- Micro Automation Tours: We take our equipment out to the field and invite you to come and see the latest in automation technology to highlight its growing capabilities.
- Certified Training: Several times a year, we offer certified courses put on by our manufacturing partners and track your certification in our energy-resource planning system.
We assist you in finding a complete turnkey solution for your application when more than a shelf product is required. Whether it is as simple as a vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) build-up or a problem with more complex requirements, our technical divisions work with you from concept to complete solution.
Due to our large offering of products and services, we have can partner with many experienced and capable value-added integration partners. Whether projects require certain expertise that you lack or you need a partner to assist during times of overload, we offer alternatives that suit your requirements.
In conjunction with our enclosure partners, we are proud to offer the versatility of ordering enclosures with custom cutouts, colours or dimensions.
Repeat din rail assemblies are costly to build in-house. We can offer these items ready to install. Working with our partner Weidmuller, we offer custom rail assemblies that are built to your standards.
Our technical divisions, with the support of our manufacturer partners, will work with consultants and engineers to develop specifications that will provide us with a competitive advantage on quotation requests.
Additional value-added services available to our customers include, but are not limited to:
- Machine and process cooling requirement calculations
- EPLAN software sales support
- Training and learning calendar
- Dead stock removal recommendations
- Repair facilitation
- Stores inventory rationalization/standardization
- Strut cutting and drilling
- Warehouse layout/cleanup
- Immense array of electrical wholesale product options
- Specialty divisions with technical support and additional product offerings
- Benefits of Affiliated Distributors Network membership and partnership