Ultrasonic level measurement is a highly cost solution for short and long-range measurement, even under difficult environmental conditions such as vibrations and dust. Ultrasonic level measurement is used in numerous industrial applications to monitor and control the level of liquids, slurries, and solids.
- Easy to use and quick to configure – Graphical Quick Start Wizards guide you during setup.
- Auto False-Echo Suppression – differentiates false echoes from true material level echoes.
- Sonic Intelligence – our field-proven echo processing algorithms provide the most reliable performance possible.
- Compatibility with Siemens Echomax transducers.
MultiRanger 200 HMI
Siemens ultrasonic controllers can be programmed to detect and display level and/or flowx and can provide three to six relay outputs or analog output.
The MultiRanger 200 HMI is an ultrasonic level controller for virtually any application in a wide range of industries. It can measure in one or two vessels, and can be used with various materials, including, water, municipal waste, acids, woodchips, or on materials with high angles of repose.
- Improved HMI for unparalleled ease of use – local four-button programming and menu-driven parameters.
- Setup in under a minute – faster commissioning with graphical Quick Start Wizards.
- Re-designed enclosure – fully isolated electronics, removable terminal blocks, and an updated exterior.
- Improved PROFIBUS DPV1 connectivity – increased interaction with this popular industrial communication protocol.
Features & Benefits
1. Easy Installation & Setup
- Easy to use HMI display with local four-button programming, menu-driven parameters, and Wizard support for key applications
- Removable terminal blocks for ease of wiring
- Wall and panel mounting options
2. Advanced Software
- MultiRanger 200 HMI has Sonic Intelligence, Siemens patented echo processing technology for ultrasonic level measurement.
- Auto False-Echo Suppression for fixed obstruction avoidance
- Accurate and repeatable open channel flow measurements
3. Compatibility & Connectivity
- Digital communication using built-in Modbus RTU via RS 485 and SIMATIC PDM configuration software
- Compatible with SmartLinx system: PROFIBUS DP (cyclic access of process values only) and DeviceNET
4. Cost Savings and Improved Safety
- Monitors water and wastewater of any consistency up to 15 m (50 ft) in-depth
- Single or dual point level monitoring
- Differential amplifier transceiver for common mode noise reduction and improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Digital input for back-up level override from point level device
- Level, volume, and flow measurements in open channels, differential control, extended pump control, and alarm functions
Applications & Product Details
Wet wells, flumes/weirs, bar screen control, hoppers, chemical storage, liquid storage, crusher bins, dry solids storage. Examples are:
- Level measurement or pump control in water/wastewater
- Truck load-outs
- Inventory management in industrial storage vessels
- Open channel monitoring
|Range||0.3 - 15m (1 - 50ft)|
|Output types:||Six relays: rating 5 A at 250 VAC, non-inductive mA; output: 0-20mA or 4-20mA|
|Compatible Transducers:||ST-H; EchoMax series (XPS-15/15F and XRS-5)|
|Communication capabilities:||MultiRanger 200 HMI offers true dual point monitoring, digital communications with built-in Modbus RTU via RS 485, as well as compatibility with SIMATIC PDM, allowing PC configuration and set-up.|
|Functionality:||MultiRanger 200 HMI features Sonic Intelligence advanced echo-processing software for increased reading reliability. MultiRanger 200 HMI will monitor open channel flow. It features more advanced relay alarming and pump control functions as well as volume conversion. Supplementary Components are designed to work with most types of instrumentation to provide enhanced functionality such as remote displays and remote monitoring solutions.|
Need help selecting ultrasonic measurement products?
Our Process & Instrumentation division are experts when it comes to flow and level measurement, contact us for the best products for your application:
Software Update Service (SUS) Offer
The SUS grace period offer is available to all customers who order one of the listed SUS download products after delivery release of TIA Portal V16.
Structure of Industrial Communication Networks
Complex communication networks are the backbone of machines operating in industrial plants, but do you know how these networks are structured? Find out the different hierarchical levels of these networks and what communication devices operate at each level in this division series.
eWON Cosy for Remote Access Solutions
Read about EnWave's, a global leader in vacuum-microwave drying, success in switching to eWON Cosy for remote access solutions with the help of E.B. Horsman’s PAC group: "The eWon Cosy has reduced our service trips by 50%...It’s a big cost saving in time and expenses for us and our customers appreciate the fast service.”