[March 23rd] COVID-19 Business Operation Update
23rd March 2020 | News
Dear E.B. Horsman & Son Community,
As COVID-19 continues to impact the world, we are taking every precaution to safeguard the health and safety of the communities that we serve – including our employees, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live.
As responsible citizens and an employee-owned business, we are working hard to keep our business open to serve you while doing our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we are restricting physical access to our branches, head office and distribution centre immediately.
Rest assured, our business is currently open and we are here to serve you – we are however rapidly modifying how we work with you while keeping in mind that the collective health and safety of our community is our primary concern during this unprecedented time.
Please take note of the following important operational updates of E.B. Horsman & Son Branches, Head Office and Distribution Centre:
- 1) Business Hours: There has been no change to business hours in our Branches, Head Office and Distribution Centre at this time. Please follow us via LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay current with our latest updates.
- 2) Facilities Access (Branch, Distribution Centre and Head Office):
Effective immediately we are implementing restricted access protocols at all of our facilities. We politely ask that all customers, couriers and visitors respect the new boundaries established for our collective health and safety. While many boundaries are makeshift at the moment, they are serious and will be strictly enforced. This includes access to all areas of our facility such as counter areas, shipping areas, offices, meeting rooms, lunch rooms and washrooms, all of which are temporarily restricted for employees use only at this time.
- a. Counter Sales: Restricted access at this time. Our counter service teams continue to work onsite and are responding to customers in a physically distant and hygienic way. We do, however; request that communication is directed to the counter service team via phone, email or text in advance of arrival. All coffee and water stations are temporarily unavailable.
- b. Shipping Departments: Restricted access at this time. Our team is here to work with you. Advanced notice of all incoming and outgoing freight is appreciated. If our shipping door is locked please knock and we will work with you in the safest way possible.
- c. General Offices: Restricted access at this time. Our general offices are closed to all visitors at this time. Upon arrival, please knock on the main door or call the person that you have an appointment with.
Please be patient as we adapt to these new work conditions. Find our contact information by clicking here: E.B. Horsman & Son Locations
3) Cash Sales: We will be accepting Credit and Debit Cards only at this time. All physical cash currency payments are temporarily suspended.
4) Product Returns (including warranty & defective): Due to health and safety concerns we are temporarily suspending product returns. We will work with you on returns so please keep your original invoice and ensure that products are in the original packaging so that we can make the return process easy once when safe to do so.
5) Communications: Phone, Email, Text, Fax, eCommerce and all other physically distant communications mechanisms are preferred. If in-person communication is required, it must be prearranged so that we can prepare for your visit.
6) eCommerce: Our E.B. Horsman & Son online website is a great place to start. We are also making improvements daily to: Product Selection, Inventory Review, Backorder Status, Account Management (Invoices, Bill Payment etc.) and Company Contacts.
7) Remote Workers: We have accelerated remote worker strategies. You should not experience any service interruptions from our customer service, account management, distribution centre or head office teams. We have transitioned many of our people to home offices so please be patient during this transition and give us the gift of feedback when you see ways that we can improve.
8) Office Staff: Are practicing physical distancing and working a zone defence strategy. All personnel are responsible for their zone, they clean as they work and are passionately creating physically and mentally safe work zones. Please respect everyone's 6.5-foot personal space zone.
9) Technical Divisions and Integrated Value Teams: Our technical specialists in our Process Instrumentation, Automation & Control, Lighting Solutions, Data Communications and Large Projects divisions continue to serve customers across Western Canada. These experts are all capable of remote support and if required, essential travel for emergencies is available upon approval. Our Integrated Value teams will be reaching out to you to review health and safety requirements for ongoing VMI services.
10) Emergency Service: As always, our emergency service line is active 24 hours/ 7 days a week at 1.888.HORSMAN (467-7626)
We will continue to operate “normally” for as long as possible, depending on health mandates and available staff. We are humbled by the dedication of our employees as they work hard to adapt our customer service and communication styles under these tremendously challenging circumstances. We want to maintain your trust as the “Electrical Distributors of Choice!” during the good times and even more so during the tough times.
From our E.B. Horsman & Son family to yours … We wish you the very best health and thank you for your continued support!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our business continuity plan:Inquire
Terrace's New Address: #101 - 2915 Molitor Street, Terrace BC
We are excited to share that E.B. Horsman & Son Terrace has moved down the street to a new building on July 12th, 2021! Click here to learn more about this exciting relocation:
E.B. Horsman & Son Supply Chain News - May 2021
Our team would like to share details regarding significant impacts, pricing volatility, and other market trends that continue to cause supply chain challenges....
Announcing: Sumeet Sodhi, New Lower Mainland District Manager
We are excited to announce Sumeet Sodhi as our new Lower Mainland District Manager. Sumeet began his new role on May 20, 2021, and his direct branch responsibilities include all LML branches – Surrey, Langley, Burnaby, and Richmond.