Liebert GXT4 Online UPS
15th Februry 2018 Data Communications
What is an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) System?
An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system is the central component of any well-designed power protection system. A UPS device will provide you with two primary functions:
- It will ensure your equipment does not turn off if there is a blackout or power failure.
- UPS systems also clean and filter power to protect equipment from many common incoming disturbances such as voltage sags, spikes, and complete failure that may interrupt computer operations, cause data loss, and capable of damaging equipment over time.
Why Liebert GXT4 UPS?
High Performance, Power Protection, and Extended Run Capability
Liebert GXT4 online double conversion UPS meets today's higher power capacity requirements and provides industry leading features in a compact design ideal for small spaces. The GXT4 charges its batteries from the utility power enabling it to supply power to connected loads, even when the mains fail increasing reliability with no break when transferring to battery. Power provided to critical equipment is regulated and conditioned to ensure your products get the highest quality AC with virtually no power disturbances caused by power outages, brownouts, sags, surges, or noise interference.
Features & Benefits
- SMART ENERGYSTAR UPS: ENERGY STAR certified UPS models use an average of 35% less energy, which ensures significant savings on energy costs and lowered environmental footprint.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: The GXT4 has a selectable eco-mode which offers best in class energy efficiency of connected equipment without compromise. This UPS also has an intelligent fan operation that automatically changes rotation speed depending on system requirements to decrease power consumption and noise.
- INTELLIGENT BATTERY MANAGEMENT: The GXT4 has an efficient three-stage charging technique and comprehensive discharging protection that extends battery life. It automatically raises End of Discharge (EOD) voltage for lighter loads to protect against over discharging.
- CONTROLLABLE OUTLETS: Battery energy is reserved for most critical loads (extra runtime).The 500-3000VA size GXT4 provides two programmable output receptacles to prolong the power supply time for priority loads. Users can customize these outlets to perform load shedding based upon battery capacity remaining, time on battery operation, battery time remaining, and overload condition when on battery power.
- RACK/TOWER CONFIGURATION: The versatile unit installs in either configuration. This UPS only requires a slim 2U of rack space making it compact, and provides the capabilities often found only in larger systems.
- AUTOMATIC FREQUENCY DETECTION: Detects and matches line input frequencies of either 60 or 50 Hz and can also be programmed to convert from one to the other.
- ZERO BATTERY TRANSFER TIME: On-line UPS provides zero transfer time so your critical load is supported by a seamless flow of conditioned power and keeps your most critical systems running, regardless of fluctuations in power. Plus, the Liebert GXT4 UPS features fault-tolerant technology that allows it to provide power to equipment in the unlikely event of a UPS component failure.
- UP TO 17 MINUTES OF BATTERY BACKUP TIME: This provides ample time for an orderly shutdown at full load. Liebert GXT4's runtime can be extended with the option of adding up to 6 Extended Battery Cabinets (EBC). This can extend runtime to several hours.
Try the Vertiv Runtime tool
- ADVANCE EARLY WARNING OF UPS SYSTEM STATUS: The GXT4 is equipped with multiple audible and visual alarms to immediately alert you to critical issues. It consistently tests unit electronics and batteries to simplify maintenance, troubleshooting, and ensure battery health.
- UPS DEVICE MONITORING: Trellis Power Insight is a free software application that monitors Liebert UPS devices and tracks performance including voltage and current utilization. The GXT4 also has a built-in USB communications for use with Liebert MultiLink™ which allows you to monitor communication between the UPS and a server, and ensures a graceful unattended shutdown. Other monitoring options include webcard, relay card, MODBUS/485 card, Liebert Nform™, etc.
EASY TO SERVICE
- HOT-SWAPPABLE BATTERIES: The internal batteries that come with the Liebert GXT4 UPS are hot-swappable. This makes maintenance hassle-free and they can be switched without taking the connected equipment offline.
- INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTY: Every Liebert GXT4 UPS comes with a two-year, no-hassle warranty to help protect your investment. If an issue arises, Vertiv simply sends a replacement UPS and provides a prepaid shipping label for faulty device. The GXT4 also qualifies for extended warranty with the Vertiv power assurance program which includes on-site system set up, regular preventative maintenance, and on-site troubleshooting.
GXT4 Online UPS Applications
The GXT4 is ideally suited for environments such as financial institutes, data centers, education facilities, government agencies, healthcare institutes and in retail with:
- Mission critical applications and systems
- Network workstations
- IDF/Network closets
- Large network peripherals
- PoE and VoIP, Gigabit Switches
- Computer Rooms
- Network Storage Devices
Popular GXT4 UPS Systems Stocked at E.B. Horsman & Son
|Input Voltage Configuration (90% Load Level)||86 VAC||96 VAC||96 VAC|
|Input Current Ratings||8.3A||12A||16A|
|AC-AC Efficiency||88% AC –AC at full rated linear load||89% AC –AC at full rated linear load||89% AC –AC at full rated linear load|
|Dimensions W x D x H, in.||16.9 x 16.2 x 3.4||16.9 x 19.7 x 3.4||16.9 x 19.7 x 3.4|
|Weight lb.(kg)||40.0 (18.2)||54.6 (24.8)||56.1 (25.5)|
|Battery Run Time (Full Load)||7 minutes||6 minutes||3 minutes|
|Battery Recharge Time(Internal Batteries Only)||5 hours to 90% capacity||6 hours to 90% capacity||5 hours to 90% capacity|
At E.B. Horsman & Son, we have a specialty division for data communications products that can provide timely quotation, sales support, product training, engineering, and on-site technical support.
Learn about what you need to look for before choosing the right UPS for your application and how our technical staff can configure your UPS to meet your specific needs.
Liebert GXT4 Online UPS Systems
High availability does not have to come at the cost of efficiency with the Liebert GXT4 UPS Systems. Available in 500VA to 10kVA power capacities, this on-line UPS offers a zero battey transfer time, increased reliability, and intelligent monitoring systems that ensure continuity through any power disturbance.
Vertiv is the leader in Thermal and Power Management products and supports today’s growing mobile and cloud computing markets with a portfolio of power, thermal and infrastructure management solutions including the Chloride®, Liebert®, NetSure™ and Trellis ™ brands.