November 10, 2022
1. All manufactures experience nuisance tripping with their Arc Faults to some degree.
2. This not a “defective” breaker issue. Our Supplier Partner, Siemens, has tested hundreds of breakers returned from the field, that were returned as “defective”; Not one breaker has been identified as “defective”.
3. Testing has shown that Arc Fault Breaker tripping is due to the following:
Appliances and Home Electronics don’t have to meet any operating standsards in order to prove they can operate with Arc Fault Technology.
AFCI vs Standard Circuit Breaker: Your new home may differ from your previous home, in that your new home has arc fault breakers. Arc Fault breakers are required in homes built after 2015 and may react differently causing tripping where they hadn’t in your previous home. This new incompatibility is due to the differences in the breakers functionality and the protection they provide.
The Siemens Tandem AFCI Circuit Breakers, available through EB Horsman & Son, offer enhanced flexibility and safety features specifically for breaker boxes and electrical panels. These breakers allow two separate circuits to be fed from a single breaker position, replacing the need for individual breakers. This space-saving design is ideal when replacing or upgrading breakers in electrical panels.
Space-Saving Solution: With the ability to feed two circuits from a single breaker position, the Tandem AFCI Circuit Breakers minimize the need for additional breakers in the electrical panel or breaker box. This is particularly advantageous in situations where space is limited.
Enhanced Safety Measures: Siemens has incorporated connection indicators into their Tandem AFCI Circuit Breakers, providing clear visual confirmation when load wires are correctly inserted. This helps reduce the risk of improper installations and ensures safer electrical systems in breaker boxes.
Versatile Installation Options: Contractors can choose between the Pig Tail and Plug-On Neutral versions of the Tandem AFCI Circuit Breakers, depending on the specific requirements of the breaker box or electrical panel. This flexibility allows for seamless integration into various electrical systems.
Convenient Availability: To provide easy accessibility to customers, Siemens Tandem AFCI Circuit Breakers can be purchased online through the EB Horsman website. Additionally, customers can visit any of the EBH branches to acquire these breakers, ensuring a quick and hassle-free procurement process. Whether you are replacing a circuit breaker or performing a circuit breaker replacement as part of a renovation or upgrade, Siemens Tandem AFCI Circuit Breakers are readily available.
1. A Dual Function breaker has been proven to hold on circuits where Arc Fault breaker nuisance tripping is occurring
2. Re-test your breakers before resorting to the Dual Function breaker as a solution
3. Visit Electro Federation Canada for more information about Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCIs)
“Siemens is committed to providing an AFCI breaker that meets the required codes and customer expectations and is continually updating and improving our product. As technology changes and new appliances and equipment are introduced, some appliances may not be compatible with ArcFault technology.”